Code of Ethics
Directors, officers, employees and consultants of Sage must adhere to and advocate the following principles and responsibilities governing professional and ethical conduct.
To the best of their knowledge and ability, Sage’s directors, officers, employees and consultants shall:
- act with honesty and integrity in their interaction with customers, suppliers, competitors, employees and others;
- avoid actual or apparent conflicts of interest in personal and professional relationships;
- provide constituents with information that is accurate, complete, objective, relevant, timely and understandable;
- comply with rules and regulations of federal, provincial and local governments, and other appropriate private and public regulatory agencies;
- act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing their independent judgment to be subordinated;
- respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of otheir work except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose;
- share knowledge and maintain skills important and relevant to their constituents’ needs;
- promote ethical behavior in the work environment; and
- exercise responsible use of and control over all assets and resources employed or entrusted to them.